The DIGITAL signature in Tunisia has the same legal value as the handwritten signature insofar as it meets a number of conditions established by Law No. 83-2000 of August 9, 2000. This law is supplemented by several decrees and orders that specify the of application's conditions:
- Decree No. 2000-2331 of 10 October 2000, laying down the administrative and financial organization and operating procedures of the NDCA.
- Decree n ° 2001-1667 of 17 July 2001, approving the specifications relating to the exercise of provider of DIGITAL certification services.
- Decree No. 2001-1667 of 17 July 2001, laying down the procedures for obtaining authorization to carry out the activity of the digital certification services provider.
- Order of the Minister of Communication Technologies 19 July 2001 (J.O.RTT No. 60), setting out the technical data relating to digital certificates and their reliability.
- Order of the Minister of Communication Technologies 19 July 2001 (J.O.RTT No. 60), fixing the technical characteristics of the device for creating digital signature.
The National Agency for Digital Certification provides marketing authorizations of encryption means, whose terms and procedures are determined by:
- Decree No. 2008-2639 - 21 July 2008, laying down the conditions and procedures for the importation and marketing of encryption means or services through telecommunications networks.
- Order of 26 December 2003 (JORT No.2 of 6 January 2004, p48): laying down the lists of products subject to technical inspection for import and export.
The Agency also provide authorization to use the Internet Protocol (IP) telephony service according to :
- Decree No. 2008-2638- 21 July 2008 laying down the conditions for providing telephony over Internet Protocol.